Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Mouse/Rat Bait Box (Bait Station)
This is a method of making bait boxes so the baits can be placed in problem areas. No need to buy expensive bait boxes (bait stations) like the one pictured on the right.. The wipes containers are a perfect container to use and recycle for pest control. Quick, easy to make and inexpensive.
Step 2: Materials Needed
1. Baby wipe container
2. Scissors or utility knife
3. Tongs or Latex gloves will do
4. Hot glue gun or double sided mounting tape
5. mouse/rat rodent bait
Step 3: Mark and Cut Container
1. Mark the side of the container with a quarter size circle.
2. Cut the circle out with scissors or utility knife.
Step 4: Glue the Bait to Container and Seal Container
1. Squeeze a generous amount of hot glue at the bottom of the container near the opposite end of the container from the quarter size hole.
2. With a pair of tongs or latex gloves, place a bait on the hot glue and press firmly.
3. Seal around the edges of the lid and access flip lid to permanently seal the container.
4. Place the bait box in the garage,attic, storage shed or outside the building foundation where the rodents are a problem.
5. When bait is eaten and is no longer in container, Dispose of the container.
6. Note: Double sided mounting tape can be use to hold down bait if desired.
Participated in the
Pest Control Challenge