Introduction: Move Your Bed Slats (The Easy Way)
Bed slats are great to sleep on. No box spring! They however can be squirrely little buggers to move. You're going to need some bed slats to move and some plastic wrap. You see where I'm going with this...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Have Bed Slats That You Need to Move.
Get your mattress out of the way and have some room to move around your bed.
Step 2: Stack Em
You want to neatly stack your bed slats into a tower.
- Start from one end and lift the last stat onto the next.
- Lift those two slats onto the next one.
- Repeat all the way down.
- Pull the completed pile away from the head/foot of the bed.
- Be careful not to let the pile fall through the frame.
- GO SLOW! This is worth the time you are putting int it.
- Straighten the pile as you move.
Step 3: Wrap It Up
You want to tightly wrap your neat tower in plastic wrap.
- Position your tower where you can get all the way around it.
- Remove your plastic wrap from the box.
- Tuck the loose end of the rollbetween two slats at one end to keep it in place.
- Do one loose pass around.
- Repeat, tightly wrapping all the way to the other end.
- Pull firmly to break the end of the plastic wrap away.
- Smooth everything out with your hand so it sticks to itself.
- Make it tight.
- overlap at least by half the width of your plastic wrap each time.
- Plastic wrap is cheap, go nuts.