Introduction: MovingLight (beta)
MovingLight is a headlight that can be controlled via the Blynk app. The project is still in a development status. The code still needs to be improved. Thus, only one command (light or movement) can be controlled. The second command is interrupted.
Step 1: Assembly
- Solder the headers on the Feather Board (32u4 Blufruit LE) and the FeatherWing (Stepper + DC Motor). Instead solder plain male headers on the Wing (like I did), better use “Stacking Headers”. Thus, you can easily connect the wires for the LED Ring.
- For more solder instructions look here:
- Solder 3 wires on the LED Ring.
- Print the case parts.
- Stack everything together.
Step 2: Blynk App
- The Blynk app is free for maker and can be found on the App Store for iOS and in the Google PlayStore for Android.
- Download the app and create an account.
- Create a new project. Give your project a name and choose among the devices the Arduino UNO and BLE as a network.
- Click on Create Project.
- Get the token sent by e-mail. You will need it in the next step.
- Follow the steps in the video.
- Place 4 Button Widgets and the BLE Widget on the Canvas. Change the Settings of the Widgets like shown in the pictures.
Step 3: Code
- You have to install some
- Add the FeatherBoard 32u4 BLE to your Arduino settings so you can find it in the Boards Manager.
- Copy and Paste the Code and Upload it.
- Run the Blynk App