A variant of the traditional meat ball, these meatballs are healthy as I add apple to this creation. MB( meat balls) once cooked can be served in myriads of ways. Over the years I have realized that the secret to have you kids eat or try out a new food is to excited them with the ingredients and have them help cook. My child loves apple and the idea of apple in meatball had him try this dish.
These meat ball can be made in advance and can be frozen. Here I have shown how to cook them in Marina sauce but they can be serves in any creative manner. I have tried to present few cooking ideas.
- Grill them and serve them with toothpick as appetizer
- Saute meatball with onion on low heat in a pan and drizzle Pesto sauce on the top.
- Serve them in Skewers with Pineapple, cheese or pepper as Kebobs.
- Add them in Salad.
- Put them in Omelet.
- Over Pasta any kind or any preparation. Make MB Mac and cheese .
- MB in Marina Sauce( this is what I have shown here).
- MB in Curry- Make your favorite curry or gravy then add these versatile MB's and cook in slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Instead of chicken chunk add MB in chicken noodle soup to make MB noodle soup.
Step 1: Ingredient
- Ground Meat - 1 pound chicken or turkey or any meat you like.
- One small Onion- finely chopped(Optional).
- Basil- finely Chopped 1/4 cup.
- Apple- One Medium size peeled and diced into very tiny pieces.(Optional)
- Black Pepper- to taste(1teaspoon)
- Bread crumbs- 1/2 cup.Use any or grind up 2 bread pieces (tear them into small pieces and run them dry in a blender).
- Mozzarella Cheese cut into small pieces or shredded- 1 cup.
- Chives - 2 table spoon
- One egg
- Oil -1 table spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Chilly flake -1 teaspoon.
- Pinch of Cinnamon Powder.
- 2 Garlic minced- 1 tea spoon.
Marinara pasta Sauce - One Bottle of your favorite brand
Step 2: Steps
1. Finely Chop apple, onion, and the cheese into small pieces. Mix all the ingredient with the ground meat of your choice, including all the spices. Now add oil and one well beaten egg. Mix well. If possible let the mixture sit for 30 hr in the fridge.
2.Roll it into small pingpong size ball shape.
3. Now Cook them- There are several ways to cook it, you can do any of the following
- Bake these meat ball in a preheated oven at 375 degree for 15 mins.
- Cook them like pasta -Boil water in a large pasta pot and when the water is boiling add these meat ball and boil them for 10 min.
- In a pan add 2 table spoon of oil and add these meat ball. Pan sear them for 5 min in medium heat. Heat marina source in a pan and add these meat ball, now cook these in the sauce for about 10 min in low heat.