This delicious cheese filled bread will be a hit with everyone!
Step 1: Ingredients
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, or 1 loaf of Bread Dough , thawed to room temperature
2 eggs, divided
4 cups grated Muenster cheese (about 1 pound)
Step 2: Instructions
1. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine rolls and roll into a 16-inch circle.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
4. Mix the cheese with 1 egg and 1 egg yolk.
5. Save the egg white and set aside.
6. Remove wrap from dough and carefully lift the dough into a sprayed 9-inch round cake pan.
7. Center the dough in the pan draping the excess over the edges.
8. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the dough in the pan.
9. Gather the dough up and over the cheese mixture, gently pleating it in about 1 1/2-inch pleats.
10. Bring the pleats together at the top and twist to make a ball of dough on top of the bread.
11. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 15-30 minutes.
12. Remove wrap and brush the loaf with beaten egg white.
13. Bake at 375°F 20 minutes.
14. Cover with foil to prevent over browning and bake an additional 20 minutes.
15. Carefully remove from pan and cool before slicing.