An easy pumpkin muffin decorating idea — mummy icing decorations. These adorable and spooky muffins make a perfect Halloween treat!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ can 100%pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- icing decorations
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Paper line or grease 12-15 muffin cups.
- To a large bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Mix together and set aside. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, canola oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Add liquid to dry ingredients and blend until moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake 25 -30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Cool 20-30 minutes before adding frosting and icing decoration.
- To frost the muffins use a piping tool or plastic zipper bag. This video shows you how. Once done piping the muffins add your icing decoration. And you're done!
Participated in the
Halloween Food Contest 2016