Mushroom fried rice recipe is an Indo-Chinese rice recipe made with basmati rice, sauteed mushrooms and other Indian spices. Mushroom recipes are an all-time favourite and popular recipe for all age groups. Mushroom rice can also be cooked as a one-pot meal either in a large vessel or in a pressure cooker. It is usually served with Manchurian gravy or chilli gravy but can be had all by itself.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 cups Basmati rice use regular Sona masuri rice if basmati is not available
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- 200 gms White button mushrooms or 6 to 7 pieces of mushrooms
- Few cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies vertically slit
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- ½ Red bell peppers cut in small cubes
- ½ cup Carrots chopped
- ½ cup French beans chopped
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- ½ tbsp Soya sauce you can use 1 tbsp if you like the sour taste
- Salt per taste
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Julienne ginger
Step 2: Step by Step Procedure for Making Mushroom Fried Rice
- In a large thick bottom pan or kadhai, heat 1 tbsp of oil. When the oil is hot, add the sliced mushrooms into the kadhai and stir fry it on medium-high flame.
- Once done, reduce the flame to low and remove the sauteed mushrooms on a plate. Do not overcook the mushroom.
- In the same kadhai, heat 1 tbsp oil and add in the finely chopped garlic and vertically slit green chillies and stir fry on high flame till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Then, add finely chopped onions and stir fry it for 2 minutes till it turns translucent. Now, add chopped veggies - red bell peppers, french beans and carrots. Mix all the ingredients nicely and stir fry on medium-high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Do not overcook the veggies, they should retain some crunchiness. Then, add sauteed mushrooms into the kadhai and salt as per taste. Use salt accordingly, because we have already added salt while cooking rice.
- Mix and saute all the ingredients and add 1 tbsp of vinegar. Add ½ tbsp of soya sauce (you can add more if you like). Mix the soya sauce and vinegar with all the veggies into the kadhai.
- Now, lower the flame and add cooked rice into the kadhai with a pinch of black pepper powder and julienne ginger.
- Mix the rice with veggies gently to avoid rice getting broke or mushy. Mushroom fried rice is ready to be served hot garnished with greens of spring onion and coriander leaves.