There are a variety of dishes you could make with mushrooms and mushrooms are rich in vitamin D and iron and there are many types of mushrooms you can find.
And I'm going to show you a mushroom recipe you can add to your recipe book, this is a recipe of mushroom masala, which is spicy Indian dish that you can prepare in about 20 mins. This recipe tastes best when served with bread or naan.
Step 1: Indigents
Here is what you need to add to your shopping list,
- 2 cup of Button Mushrooms
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 2 Capsicum
- 1/2 Cup of Cream
- 3 Tbsp of Oil
- 2 cut Onions
- Chili Powder
- Salt (as required)
- 1/2 Tsp of coriander powder
Step 2: Prepping Mushroom & Tomatoes
Before Cooking, you'll have to keep a few things ready beforehand.
- Let's start with the Mushrooms, slice mushrooms into vertical pieces and keep aside.
- Start soaking the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water. This will make it easy to peel off the skin. Now dice them into fairly sized cubes.
- Add the tomatoes into a blender and make it into a puree. Transfer this content into a bowl and keep it aside for later.
Step 3: Onion Paste
Now you have to make another paste required for the gravy.
- Peel the onions and chop them into decent sized cubes.
- Take one garlic and separate the cloves.
- Add the garlic and onions into the blender along with some finely chopped ginger. You can also add in almonds and cashew along with it.
- Now make it into a paste.
The paste is done when you see the texture of it is slightly grainy. You can make it into a fine paste if you wish.
Step 4: Heat Up the Oil
You're all ready to start cooking when you have both the pastes ready.
Now the first thing to do is to heat up 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan. You can also use Sunflower oil if you want to.
But note that using olive oil will give you a different flavor compared to other oils. Also remember that olive oil is good for your health.
Step 5: Adding the Onion Paste
- Once the oil is heated up, add the Onion Paste which was prepared earlier.
- Saute this mixture for a few seconds and then add the Chili Powder and Coriander powder to it.
- Mix the contents well in the pan and cook it for about a minute.
Step 6: Add Tomato Puree
- After adding the Chili powder and Coriander powder, add the Tomato puree into it.
- Mix it well and cook it till the mixture hardens.
Step 7: Remaining Ingredients
- As the mixture hardens on the pan, heat up a little more oil in a different pan and addmushrooms and shallow fry them till they are cooked.
- Once the main puree mixture hardens add the fried mushrooms and the capsicum into it and mixes it well.
- Add cream to it and stir well.
- Addsalt and allow it to cook for a little while.
Step 8: Serve Hot
Once it's cooked, transfer the contents on to a serving bowl. Garnish it with some cream and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
This can be best served as a main course with Roti and pieces of bread or a few varieties of flavored rice.
That's all Foodie's
Enjoy your Mushroom Masala. Thank you.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017