Introduction: Mutton Keema
PLEASE do VOTE If you like the recipe (Voting button is on top right corner).
Mutton Keema or Qeema (pronounced [ˈqiːmaː]) is a traditional meat dish from the Indian subcontinent. Keema is also sometimes used as a filling for samosas or naan.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
- 350 gms minced meat/keema/kheema
- 3 tbsp oil 2-4 small dry small red chilli
- 1 medium or big onion, finely sliced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 medium size tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corn powder
- 1+1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves/kothmir
Step 2: Cooking
- Wash mutton keema and strain out the excess water from the keema with a strainer.
- Take a pressure cooker or a cooking vessel.
- Into it, add oil and heat it.
- Add dry red chilli and cook for 30-40 seconds.
- Add sliced onions.
- After 2 minutes add green chillies and saute until the onions turn slight brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 30-40 seconds.
- Add mutton keema into it and roast well.
- Roast it until the keema changes its color and there is no water remaining.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix it and roast it for few minutes and cook until oil appears at the sides.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, mix and cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add about one and a half cups of water, mix it well.
- Pressure cook the keema for 3 whistles on sim flame or cook them until it gets tender.
- Let the steam escape.
- Add fresh coriander leaves, crushed kasoori methi and mix.
- Cook for few minutes if there is any water remaining.
- Serve and enjoy
- Switch off the flame.
- Transfer it to serving plate.
- Garnish it with sliced onion, lemon, chill, coriander.
- Serve it with roti, rice or paratha!!!
If you liked the recipe then PLEASE LIKE the video SHARE the video SUBSCRIBE to the channel
See you again very soon. Till then take care of yourself. Bye.
For detailed cooking instructions, please see the below video,
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017