My device not collect "radiant energy", it collect static electricity I just wanted to keep the name given to it by Tesla.
I explain how I built it, the results that I obtained. I hope that someone can improve it and get better results
This is a presentation video with a brief explanation of the operation at the end, follows the full explanation and test results on this Instructable
The collector in aluminium collects the electrons of the air ionized, it work even with the passage of the clouds (if the air is dry), reached a sufficient charge it spark on candle and circulates the current in primary high-voltage of a injection coil, the secondary is connected via a diode and a small condenser, the small instruments notes the achieved energy.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Equipment Required:
aluminum foil (cooking type is OK)
an ignition coil
a spark plug
a plug wire copper
a diode (general propose)
a capacitor 100nF-10uF not critical
an analog voltmeter
a support with a VERY high electrical insulation to support the aluminum foil (glass, ceramics ,plastic nylon wire)
Step 2: How to Build It:
Suspend the aluminum foil (at least 50 cm) the highest possible.
The first time I tried to suspend it on a pile of wood using the tape but it did not work until I replaced the pile of wood with a plastic rod. An easy way to see if it is a good insulator is to try if it holds the electrostatic charge
connect with a copper wire the aluminum foil to the metal base of the spark plug
connects the central electrode of the candle to the primary high voltage ignition coil
connects the negative of the ignition coil to the ground of a plug
connecting the plug to the electrical ground of your home, otherwise to a metal pole planted to the ground
one pole of the secondary low-voltage ignition coil must be connected to the negative pole of the voltmeter
the other pole of the secondary low-voltage ignition coil is connected through a diode to the positive pole of the voltmeter
Connect the capacitor at the poles of the voltmeter
See the schematic
Step 3: As Is Done (Video)
activated the annotations of the video for the description in English
unlike the original Tesla project I have not a capacitor mounted on the collector of aluminum, it should be very high voltage and low loss as a leida jar.
The alluminium foil has a capacity relation to the ground of 180pF
Step 4: Theory and Test
When the weather i changing the polarization of the clouds change the polarization of the earth below. and the ionization of air discharge through my device to the ground and viceversa when the clouds go away.
It should work olso with ionizing radiation and strong electromagnetic fields
When aluminium foil was parallel to the wall the package was attracted to the wall in a few seconds. It charge up fast because there are no capacitor on primary circuit, less charge more frequency. If I approach the electrodes frequency increases but the output voltage decreases. The video was recorded before a temporal I had gone to close the windows and I filmed. The device is in attic of my house to 10m from the ground. When its raining the device spark ever several minutes.
When it function alluminium foil voltage increase (I think for the ionization of air) accumulates charge and spark in One side high-voltage coil , the other side is connected to ground. creating on the secondary an electric pulse.
My device works occasionally when the weather changes, to obtain repeatable measurements I power it by an ioniser 4W isolated from ground.
The test results are in the video , is subtitled in English ( activate the function on youtube video player)
Step 5: Final Considerations
The device has not worked for days, until the first storm
It 'been replicated successfully by at least another Italian on the internet and there are many similar devices you can find a similar device http://www.xmx.it/energiadaaria.htm (only in italian)
The power is low and variable but can be a beginning
I have temporarily suspended the research
I hope someone finds a way to improve the performance of this device
tips are welcome