I found this old chair that lacked a seat and decided to fix it, using a bunch of old wires i found at the recycling site.
Here is how I did it, step by step :-)
Step 1: Step 1 - What You Need
To make this chair you need the following:
- A chair without a seat
- Old wires
Other than that it's good to also have:
- A hammer
- Pliers scissor
Step 2: Step 2 - Let's Get Started
First thing first
- Take a wire and hammer it to the chair. Make sure that you can't see where the wire begins.
Try to get as close as possible to the chair leg.
- Then wrap the cord as tight as possible around the chair from A to C.
Do this 2-4 times, as shown in the picture.
- Then you wrap it from A-B also 2-4 times.
(It's a good idear to use your gloves here)
Step 3: Step 3 - New Wire
-When your wire runs out, you hammer the end to the chair.
Do this to make sure it doesn't loosen up.
- Then you take a new wire and start over again where you left by hammering it to the chair as close to the wire you just ended as possible
Step 4: Step 4 - Make Sure the Wires Are Close Together
- To make sure that the wires are as close to each other as possible, it is a good idea to hammer them along the way, using a tool with a straight surface like a small wooden plate
Step 5: Step 5 - Little Detail
- I chose to cut some small squares of plexiglas to cover the corners of the chair
Step 6: Step 6 - Time to Merge
- When you are done wapping the wires one way around the chair, it's time to do it the other way.
Only this time, you have to merge the wires as you go from A-C, making it a bit harder.
(remember your gloves!)
Step 7: Step 7 - the Look
You can choose vary how many times you want to wrap the wires around the chair. I choose to keep around 2-4 times.
Step 8: Step 8 - Finish
- When done make sure the cord is firmly attached to the chair.
Step 9: Step 9 - All Done
I ended up really liking it. I hope that you will try it yourself