A little about s340 elite
Material(s) Tempered glass side panel, Steel, ABS plastic
Motherboard Support mini-ITX MicroATX, ATX
I/O Ports 1x Audio/Mic2x USB 3.02x USB 2.0HDMI with VR Support
Filters Front (Included)Bottom Rear(Included)
Drive Bays Internal 3.5": 2+1 Internal 2.5": 3+1
Expansion Slots 7
Fan Support Front: 2x 140/2x120mm Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included) Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)
Radiator Support Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm Rear 1 x 120mm Clearance GPU Clearance With Radiator: 334mm GPU Clearance Without Radiator: 364mm CPU Cooler: 161mm
Cable Management Lowest Point - 17mm; Highest Point 168mm
Materials required for this modification
- Screw driver set
- scissors ( sharp/new )
- Blade ( sharp/new )
- Carbon fiber vinyl ( 2x4 feet enough )
- Cloth for cleaning ( Tissue will do too )
* New/sharp scissors and blade give nice smooth edges and cutting is easier too. Especially while trimming extra vinyl edges a sharp blade is much much better then an old used one
The blade that i used or the new razor blades are very sharp and they cut through skin without you knowing until you start seeing blood dripping on your work
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Getting Ready
- Remove every thing from the case that can be removed and place them in the case box so u have easy access inside the case and things dnt get scratched for nothing.
- Measure the part with a ruler that you want to apply carbon fiber on.
- Cut the carbon fiber vinyl a lil extra then required like (0.5 inch extra) just to be on the safe side.
- Clean the surface with a cloth/tissue to make sure that there is no dirt so that vinyl gets a good grip on surface.
Step 2: Applying CF and Final Looks
* Some people use credit cards or PVC cards to smooth out the vinyl i use my thumb. Cards sometimes if pressed hard against the vinyl can damage or ad scratches.
* Take your time and set the initial angle/ place to start applying the vinyl. If start goes well end will be well. ( Take your time, you can take even more then me :D )
* You can also use a hair dryer to help you with uneven surface like the engraved text ( Like the NZXT logo on the reservoir rack ). Heat the vinyl it makes it flexible and then push it with your thumb to settle in.
Skip the video to 4:00 to see how i applied carbon fiber vinyl.
Questions are Welcomed :)