Introduction: Nameplates Made From Wood Floor Samples
Nameplates made using screws and wood floor samples from Home Depot.
1. Spax #6, 1/2 inch screws, #2 Philips/#1 Square from Home Depot
2. 2 free floor samples from Home Depot (used hickory for mine)
3. #1 Square bit or Square bit screwdriver - I am a big fan of square drives since they grip so well and produce tremendous torque. Also, since many of the floor samples are hardwoods (like hickory), it is much easier to drive them with square bits than with philips head bits.
4. Black and red marker
5. Wood glue
1. Using the screws, form the letters of the name.
2. If the wood cracks, use the wood glue to fill them in.
3. Once the name is complete, use a black marker to color the heads of every other letter to make them easier to see.
4. Now use the red market to do the same with the letters that have not been marked by the black marker.