I don't know what a bangle is but that's what these are supposed to be. If you are a peanut butter lover THIS IS YOUR THING! They are especially good (in my opinion) if you freeze them before eating.
This is another very easy recipe brought to you by Nana.
Peanut butter lovers - enjoy!
Step 1: Ingredients
1 c. white karo syrup
1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
2 tbsp. butter
5 cups cornflakes
In this recipe I'm making a double batch so don't be startled when you see that I've got two cups of peanut butter!
Step 2: Sugar-Peanut Butter Mix
1. Put karo syrup and then sugar in a pot
2. Heat up mixture until it boils (I've never measured the temperature. It seems to work the same at 2000' elevation and 9000' elevation)
3. Remove from heat as soon as it starts to boil
4. Add peanut butter and butter and stir until smooth.
Step 3: Peanut Butter Goodness + Cornflakes
5. Pour peanut butter mix over cornflakes and stir until all of the cornflakes are coated with the peanut buttery sugar goodness. To keep from crushing the cornflakes take your spatula and flip the cornflakes over and over until they're coated.
6. Use a spoon to move clumps of your cornflakes onto the wax paper. I usually make mine about 2 inch clumps
7. Let cool to room temperature.
8. Serve at room temperature or freeze. As I mentioned earlier, I think they're much better when frozen.
To store in the freezer just put them in a tupperware container with the wax paper you used to cool the "bangles" so that individual bangles are separated and won't stick.
I hope you enjoy them!