Introduction: Ne555 Led Flasher
It's been a while since I posted my last instructables. So I post a new instructables today.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video
The video is in my YouTube channel Christopher Tjia. Link:
Step 2: The Schematic
Step 3: The Components
the components for this project are:
1. 1x 1k resistor
2. 1x 470k resistor
3. 1x 220 resistor
4. 1x 10uf capacitor
5. 1x ne555
6. 1x 9v battery
7. 1x 9v battery clips
8. 1x breadboard
9. Several jumper wires
Step 4: Make the Circuit in the Breadboard According to the Schematic
1. Plug in the ne555 to the breadboard
2. Connect pin 4 & 8 to vcc
3. Connect pin 1 to ground
4. Connect pin 6 & 2 together
5. Connect the 1k resistor to vcc
6. Connect the 470k resistor from the other pin of the 1k resistor
7 . Connect the positive pin of the 10uf capacitor from the other pin of the 1k resistor
8. Connect the negative pin of the 10uf capacitor to ground
9. Connect pin 7 to the 1k resistor and the 470k resistor
10. Connect pin 2 & 6 to the 1k resistor and the positive pin of the capacitor
11. Connect the 220 resistor to pin 3
12. Connect the positive pin of the led to the other pin of the 220 resistor
13. Connect the negative pin of the led to ground
That's the instruction for this instructables.
Step 5: The Circuit Explation
After you plug the 9v battery to the circuit then the led should flash.
The circuit explanation: the ne555 is used in astable multivibrator. In astable multivibrator, the output is high low high low and so on. If you increase the value of the 470k resistor and the 10uf capacitor the led should flash slower. But if you decrease the value of the 470k resistor and the 10uf capacitor the led should flash slower. The resistors and the capacitor is the components that helps the ne555 to make the delay. And the led is the output. The 220 resistor is used to decrease the voltage of the output. That's for today's instructables, please like and share this instructables. And don't forger to like and share my video and subscribe my YouTube channel.