Introduction: Nerf Reflex IX-1 CPVC Barrel Replacement
This modification is incredibly easy, and you'll get tons more range than you would with an AR removal.
All you need for this is:
- A Nerf Reflex IX-1 pistol.
- Rotational pipe cutter (a hacksaw might work if you don't have one of these, but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise)
- Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Electrical tape.
- Adhesive of choice (I used hot glue)
Step 1: Open Up the Reflex IX-1
This step is simple enough. Use your Phillips-head screwdriver and open up the blaster. Make sure nothing flies out.
Step 2: Getting Rid of the Stock Barrel
Take out the plunger and barrel assembly. REMOVE the stock barrel. View images for details.
Step 3: Creating a New Barrel
Take your 1/2 CPVC pipe. Use your rotational pipe cutter and cut a piece that is the same length as the stock barrel was (it should be approximately two and a half inches long). Next, wrap a few layers of duct tape around the end. Make sure that that the new CPVC barrel can fit inside the plunger. If not, remove duct tape little by little until it does. It can't be too tight!
Step 4: Securing the Barrel in Place
Heat up your hot glue gun, and attach the CPVC barrel to the orange cap. Make sure the barrel is pushed in all the way before gluing it in or you won't have a proper air seal! Remove all excess glue once it is has dried and been secured.
Step 5: Reassemble the Blaster
You're on the home stretch now! Make sure everything is aligned and in its proper spot, and then reassemble the blaster. Refer to the image if you are having trouble putting it all back together.
Step 6: You're Done!
You have successfully completed this mod! You will now see ranges of OVER 40 feet with stock darts.
Two things to note:
- The darts will now be harder to push in. THIS IS NORMAL. You may have to twist the darts into the barrel to get them in all the way.
- Your blaster will be louder. This is because there is no air buffering system (i.e. air restrictor)
EpicMinecrafter870 made it!