Introduction: Nettle Omelette
Here is my simple recipe for Nettle Omelette
Its totally yummy and I tested it out on my son who said it was ok so thumbs up there :)
2 large Eggs.
1 small Onion.
hand full of fresh young nettle tips. Ensure they are picked up from high up away from where dogs do their business.
Butter or Margarine.
2 mugs of Water.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Wash the nettle leaves thoroughly.
2. Boil the nettle leaves for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Drain off the water and drink as a refreshing nettle tea, add honey to sweeten if required.
4. Chop the cooked nettle leaves.
5. Heat a knob of Butter or Margarine in the frying pan and fry the Onions till they soften.
6. Beat the 2 Eggs and add a splash of Milk.
7. Pour the beaten mixture over the Onions in the frying pan and agitate to mix the Onions into the egg.
8. Add the chopped Nettles by sprinkling over the top of the egg.
9. Cook as a normal Omelette turning when required.
10. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: You can boil the Nettles for about 10 minutes but i prefer longer so I can use the leaves as a refreshing tea.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.