Introduction: No Bake No Make Custom Fortune Cookie
Using store bought fortune cookies you can remove the message and put in your own. If you want to make them more special, dip them in melted chocolate.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
1. Print out custom fortunes using any text editor. I used the font Calibri in size 8. Cut to size.
2. Wet a paper towel and ring slightly. You want the paper towel to be damp but not dripping wet.
3. Wrap towel around fortune cookie and microwave for 20 seconds.
4. Unwrap fortune cookie from towel carefully, towel may be hot.
5. The fortune cookie should now be pliable enough to open.
6. Quickly removed existing fortune cookie message and replace with your custom printed one.
7. Reshape fortune cookie (should be fairly simple, as the cookie already has its form) and hold for 10 seconds to keep form.
8. You want to do the last two steps quick, the fortune cookie cools very quickly.
To dip the cookie into chocolate wait for the fortune cookie to cool and follow these steps:
6 oz of milk chocolate chips
1 microwave proof small (small, but large enough for your hand and the fortune cookie to comfortably fit) ceramic bowl
Fortune cookies to dip
1. Place 6 oz of chocolate chips into cup (This should be able to dip at least 20 fortune cookies)
2. Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds on med heat
3. Check chips by trying to stir with spatula. This is important, chocolate is very unstable and burns easily. If you heat it for too long it will be a lumpy mess. If the chocolate is not melted enough after stirring for 30 seconds, microwave in 15 second intervals. If the chocolate comes out of the microwave looking like its melted, it it probably burnt. You want it to look solid, but when stirred it will melt slowly and look velvety smooth.
4. Take the fortune cookie and dip.
5. Place on parchment paper to cool.
Decorating for any occasion is easy. To make holiday cookies, after dipping in chocolate, dip cookies in red and green sprinkles. Colored sugar works great for Easter or any "shower" event. Gumpaste can be molded into various shapes and placed on for decorations.
Flowers are made of gumpaste. To see how to make gumpaste flowers you can go here: