"Ghee is butter from which all milk solids have been removed. The result is a clear yellow fat that can be heated to a higher temperature than butter before burning. It is an excellent fat for frying as well."
This is the simplest and easiest way to make Ghee without much effort, and it's way cheaper than purchasing it in the supermarket, well if you are not living in India.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients + Tools
1. Unsalted Butter ( In this case I am using 250gms of yoghurt butter as I like the flavour of Ghee made from this one)
2. Microwave safe bowl
3. Something to cover the bowl
5. Glass jar for storage
Step 2: Procedure
1. Cut butter in pieces, put it in bowl
2. Cover the bowl loosely
3. Microwave it for 10 to 15 min at 600watt
4. Let it sit for a while in the microwave after it's done
5. Take it out and strain it in the jar
6. Done!!! Enjoy Ghee!
Step 3: Done!!
Store and use!
Step 4: Tips!!
With yoghurt butter, it generally takes a bit longer compared to normal unsalted butter because it has more milk solids present.
This is an entry in the
Kitchen Skills Challenge