This project explores controlling devices such as lights and home appliances from Minecraft using a mod. Minecraft mods (short for modifications) are extensions that modify the game to add content, change the feel, or give more options to the game. With the increasing popularity of standards such as AllJoyn, the extension to physical devices is easier than ever.
So lets begin
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Required
- LIFX Color 1000 Smart Bulb x1
Step 2: Little Info
- While playing Minecraft, with this mod running, you will see temperature and light level displayed in the upper-left corner. The values change as you explore the world of Minecraft.
- If you have an AllJoyn light or an AllJoyn air-conditioned device connected to the same network, their properties will also change to create a game room atmosphere.
- Brightness and Color of every AllJoyn LSF light bulbs changes as the game surrounding light goes darker or brighter.
- Temperature settings of AllJoyn Air-Condition device increases or decreases as the game weather or biome changes
Step 3: Set Up
This project requires Minecraft PC version.
To launch this Minecraft mod, Minecraft Forge is required.
Follow the instructions on Forge website to setup. If you are prompted to install Java runtime library, go ahead and install it.
After installing Forge, you need to download Minecraft AllJoyn Mod Binaries (alljoynMod-1.8-1.1.jar) in code section to your Minecraft folder.
On Windows PC, it's %appdata%\.minecraft\mods. Follow the instructions to learn how to find your Minecraft mod folder.
You also need to download AllJoyn Core SDK and copy alljoyn_java.dll to a directory in your system %PATH%.
Finally, start Minecraft and change your profile to 'forge' in the bottom left corner of the start screen and proceed to play.
Please vote if you like it.
Participated in the
Minecraft Challenge 2018