Introduction: Nut and Seed Bread (Grain & Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
An easy nutrient dense bread alternative made from almonds, seeds and dates. Delicious on its own with the crunch of nuts, seeds and natural sweetness of medjool dates, even better smothered with tahini and honey. This nut and seed bread can be sliced and frozen for a quick healthy breakfast each morning during your busy week. The almonds can be replaced with any preferred seed to keep this nut bread free.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You Will Need:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes Makes 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup or 100 grams raw almonds (or equivalent in any seed for nut free option)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup or 75 grams linseeds
- 1/2 cup or 50 grams sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup or 65 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup or 30 grams sesame seeds
- 5 pitted medjool dates (approximately 80 grams without seeds, sliced into quarters lengthways)
Step 2: Method
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C degrees (325°F, Gas mark 3)
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper, leave the long sides overhanging
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into loaf tin
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Remove from baking tin and sit on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing
- If you wish to freeze the loaf, it's best to pre-slice it first and thaw in the fridge overnight
- Slather with your favourite spread and enjoy!
Check out my blog loveurbelly for more recipes and healthy living tips <3
Please vote for me also! <3