This is a really simple and quick dessert. It is light and fluffy but oh so chocolatey! I originally found a similar recipe for this soufflé in the Nutella cooking book but I altered it to make it more airy and less dense. I hope you love this soufflé as much as I do.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
For the soufflé:
-2 eggs, separated at room temperature
-1/2 cup Nutella
-2 Tbsp caster sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste/ vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp salt
For the ramekins/ decoration:
- 1 tsp butter
-1-2Tbsp cocoa powder
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 3 Strawberries, to decorate
-Ice cream, to serve
Step 2: Equipment
- 3 (3/4cup) ramekin moulds
- Electric beater
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
Step 3: Prepare the Ramekins and Preheat the Oven
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. In each ramekin lightly grease the bottom and sides with butter.
3. Place about a tablespoon of cocoa powder to coat the ramekin. (This prevents the souffle from sticking to the ramekin).
4. dispose of excess cocoa powder and repeat for the remaining ramekins.
Step 4: Make the Nutella, Egg and Sugar Mix
1. Place the egg yolks and caster sugar in the large mixing bowl.
2. With your spoon mix the egg yolk and sugar until it goes light in colour.
3. Add the nutella to the egg mix and stir to combine. (The mixture gets really thick and crumbly don't worry!)
4. Add the vanilla bean paste and stir again.
5. Put this to the side and make the egg whites.
Step 5: Whisk the Egg Whites and Salt
1. Place the egg whites in the clean medium size bowl (make sure it is clean with no dust or water in it).
2. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and whisk the eggs for a few minutes to get firm peaks. (when you lift the beaters out of the egg whites they should keep their shape).
Step 6: Add the Egg Whites to the Nutella Mix
1. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the nutella mix and stir vigorously . This step is to loosen up the lumpy nutella mixture so make sure to only put in 1/3! The mixture should be smooth now.
2. Add another 1/3 of the egg whites but this time gently fold them in to keep the air in the mixture. mix until incorporated.
3.Add the remaining egg whites to the mixture again, folding very gently until it is all combined.
Step 7: Pour Mix Into Ramekins
1. Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins about 3/4 full.
2. bake in the preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius, 375 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 18 minutes or until the tops have risen and are springy to the touch.
Step 8: Decoration
1. To check the soufflé are done touch the top lightly, they should have a springy feel to them.
2. As soon as you take the soufflé out of the oven sprinkle them with icing sugar, top with a strawberry and serve warm. I highly suggest having ice cream with it ;D
Participated in the
1 Person Made This Project!
tristenpride9867 made it!