Somewhat similar to horchata or a liquified oatmeal cookie, Oatmeal (Avena) Milkshakes are slightly sweet, rich, thick, and spiced with cinnamon. Not only are they seriously delicious, they also make a perfect breakfast on the go or an awesome addition to any meal.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 1 cup milk (can be substituted with soy milk or water if desired)
- 1/2 cup quick oats (you can use the kind in pre-measured packets if you'd like)
- 1 cup ice
- 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (can be substituted with honey, sugar, or other sweetener if desired)
- cinnamon (to taste - I use about a teaspoon)
Step 2: Blend It Up
- Add ice, milk, and oats to the blender and mix on high until ice is crushed
- Add condensed milk and cinnamon and blend (Note: If using alternate sweeteners instead of condensed milk, taste before adding to avoid making the shake too sweet)
- Pour into a glass, sprinkle with cinnamon, and add a straw (bonus points for a bendy straw)
1 Person Made This Project!
XTyee made it!