I recently stumbled across this mug cake recipe while perusing Pinterest (as one does on weekends) and found this delicious mug cake recipe.
Now, I’m not a great cook. I like to pretend I can cook well but in actuality I can't. However, when I saw this recipe, I thought it looked so quick and simple that I had to try it.
I have made mug cakes in the past and they are usually either too dry or slimy or just not good in some way or another. But after trying this recipe, I have begun to believe in the power of a microwave again.
I slightly changed this recipe from the original, so I hope you enjoy this version!
Step 1: Ingredients
1. 3 tbsp milk
2. 1 tbsp applesauce
3. 1 tbsp sugar
4. 3 tbsp flour
5. 2 tbsp dry oats
6. 1 tbsp finely chopped pecans
7. 1/4 tsp baking powder
8. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
9. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
10. 1 tbsp nutella (for the center of the batter)
Step 2: Quick Instructions
1. Whisk the dry ingredients together in an ungreased mug
2. Add the additional ingredients and stir until smooth
3. Optional: add a spoonful of nutella to the center of the cup and push it down gently so it is partially submerged in the batter
4. Put in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, pausing every 30 seconds to check the consistency
5. Let cool and enjoy!
Step 3: Finished!
And that's it! This tutorial is so simple and the outcome of the cake it just amazing! If you made this cake, let me know your thoughts because I'd love to hear them.