A super easy and no frills recipe that is great for beginners and experts alike! It tastes so good and you can even add any ingredient that you want!! After all, thats the meaning of Okonomiyaki :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Okonomiyaki Mix (300g)
2. Water (1 Cup)
3. Eggs (3 Eggs)
4. Spring Onions (2 Stalks)
5. Cabbage (1/2 Head)
7. Prawns (Optional)
9. Okonomiyaki Sauce
10. Olive Oil (any oil is fine)
11. Bonito Seasoning/Salt
12. Extra Fine Seaweed
Step 2: Recipe & Preparation
1. Add okonomiyaki mix, 3 eggs & 1 cup of water to a large mixing bowl. Mix the batter evenly.
2. Add the spring onion, cabbage, prawns and bonito seasoning to the mixture. You may use a pinch of salt as well.
3. Pre-heat your pan to 180°C and coat it with oil. Add in your okonomiyaki batter and shape it into a circle.
4. Add the unagi on top of the batter and let it simmer. Constantly monitor the okonomiyaki and flip it over once the bottom turns brown.
5. Remove from pan and place on serving dish. Add generous amounts of mayonnaise and okonomiyaki sauce.
6. Season with seaweed and spring onions
7. Serve & Enjoy!
Participated in the
Maker Olympics Contest 2016