If you are looking for a Quick, Inexpensive & Delicious Summer Dessert, this is it!
Cool, Creamy, Cheesy, and Easy...........
Fast - 10 minutes to prepare / overnight to chill in refrigerator.
Easy - Only 7 ingredients needed.
Inexpensive- less than $5.00 - if you make your own Graham Cracker crust.
Tasty- Let me know - my family loves this pie.
Step 1: Ingredients Needed
- 1 (8-ounce) package room temperature cream cheese, regular not Low-Fat.
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- Juice of 2 lemons or 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 can of prepared sweetened pie filling - Cherry works great but use your favorite, refrigerate overnight before using.
Step 2: Putting It Together
12-24 hours before serving
Combine in a large bowl:
The entire package of room temperature cream cheese
The full can of condensed milk
Juice of 2 lemons or 1/3 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 Tablespoons of grated lemon zest (optional)
1 Teaspoon vanilla
Mix well on medium speed until completely smooth, or use a wooden spoon and beat well until no lumps are visible.
Pour into the prepared graham cracker pie crust.
Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 12 hours) to set the mixture.
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy
Remove from your "Ice Box" and top with the entire can of chilled Cherry Pie filling (or flavor of your choice.)
Cut, Serve, and Enjoy.