Intro: How to Make a Snowboard Bench From an Old Board
Here's how in a few simple steps with minimal fuss.
You will need:
- Old snowboard
- Drill and metal drill bits
- Large wooden timber
- 8 x long wood screws
- Sand paper
- Timber wax, paint or varnish
Step 1: Drill Though the Old Binding Threads
First thing to do is get a metal drill bit and drill out through the base of the board. This is fairly easy as the base is usually a wood core. Use a drill bit size that matches your wood screws.
You might want to use rounded head wood screws (these were the only ones I had lying around).
Step 2: Attach the Legs
- Use a pencil to mark onto the wood, the positions of the holes you made in the board. Drill pilot holes into the wooden legs.
- Sand paper the legs to remove any splinters.
- Wax, paint or varnish the legs as you wish.
Step 3: Final Step - Test It Out
That's it, one quick and simple Snowboard Bench!
(Thanks to Charlie for modeling)
Thanks for looking and please post up a pic of your snowboard bench if you decide to make one too...