Hi, today i will show you guy how to make arduino temperature online monitoring, this example is web-based that mean you can connect from anyplace, By combine AJAX and PHP together that can bring temperature data mostly realtime without refresh you web browser. I hope it will useful example and you can modify to monitor any data online ^^
1. Arduino and Ethernet Shiled
2. DS18B20 temperature sensor
3. Breadboard and Wire
4. Ethernet Cable with internet connection for your Arduino
5. Web server that support PHP (see more in Step 2)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Start Wiring Things
Let's Wiring following the image above,
In the video i using sealed type of DS18B12 onewire sensor for waterproof reason and easy to demonstrate
Step 2: Upload Files and Get It Run!
you can get all code from this link http://www.iointouch.com/?p=18 at bottom of page.
When you unzip the files, following this step below
1. upload files in folder PHP&HTML to root of your web server, for local use or test you can config you PC as web server that support PHP by using Apache Server (plus with dynamic DNS you can get it online too). or if you want to get it online you need to get web hosting see more here. http://www.iointouch.com/?p=49
2. open Temp_Monitor.pde file using Arduino IDE, then
- Config static ip address to match with you network if you don't have DNS assign from router.
at line :
IPAddress ip(192,168,0,177); // set static local IP address dns, gateway and subnet if it not assigned by DHCP
IPAddress dnServer(192, 168, 0, 1);
IPAddress gateway(192, 168, 0, 1);
IPAddress subnet(255, 255, 255, 0);
- Config your website address at line: "char server = "www.yourdomainname.com"; // Server URL"
and line : client.println("Host: www.yourdomainname.com"); // Server URL
Change it to your website address, Then Upload it into arduino.
3. Open Serial Monitor from IDE to see. if thing connect correctly server will responds
4. Open your website URL www.yourdomainname.com/temp.html and see latest temp data online.
(for local hosted server call http://127.0.0.1 or your ip address) Have Fun.