Intro: Open Me When Letters and Other Gifts
Thank you for clicking on this post - I´ll make it worth your time - I promise! (I´ll even pinky promise! That's how serious I am ;) )
I just made a present for my dad who is turning 60 this saturday! I´ll let you in on the different kinds of things that I made/bought - maybe it will give you inspiration!
So let's do it! Woop woop!
Step 1: Open Me When..
If you're not familiar with the "open me when.." concept then I´ll tell you - it´s very simple!
You write a scenario - like f.ex: open me when.. you turn 60.
Then the receiver of the letter can only open the letter when he/she/something else (you never know in these times) turns 60! Inside the envelope there is a letter that you wrote!
You can also put other stuff inside the letter as well - that's really up to you! You can do anything!
I attached some presents to some of the letters - so when he opens the letter (and there is a yellow sticky note on it) then he can open the corresponding present!
If you need inspiration to subjects - then here is what I came up with!:
Open me when..
- You turn 60
- You want to watch some good movies
- You won over me in a discussion
- You lost a discussion to me
- You want to watch some new series!
- You watch Topgear or The fresh prince in Bel-Air
- You need to be reminded how amazing you are
- You have had an absolutely trash and stupid day
- You want to expand your horizon with nice to know not need to know facts
- You - if it will ever happen - you go a whole day without a single cup of coffee
- You have had an amazing, brilliant and great day!
- You have your first grandchild
- You retire
- We go to Vienna
- You won over me in 500 (It´s a cardgame)
- You lost to me in 500
- You have been a handyman
- You feel like solving some puzzles and codes
- You feel creative
- You turn 70
- You turn 80
- You turn 90
- The first snow falls
- You have put op the first Christmas decorations
- You turn on the heater for the first time
- It is the 1.December
- You have cleaned the fridge
- Have run out of the
- You need to know how priceless you are
- You have done something spontaneous
Step 2: The Rest
I am also giving him:
- a wine saver vacuum!
- His favourite deodorant and some wooden cutlery for salad
- Some green for plants (you fill it with water and the plants take what they need)
- potato peeler
- Wine vault (you lock the wine in with a special code, which the receiver have to break in order to get the wine out)
- String art
- A brick! (it says Bornholm, which is a Danish island where my dad grew up. On the other side it says "congrats on being old bla bla bla.. Basically I used it as a card)
- A fish! It spells Christian downwards (in Danish) and then words that I would classify as Christian beginning with the same letter!
Obviously some of these gifts suit my dad specifically and I have been lucky and got a lot of the stuff on second markets! However I hope that this helped you out!
Thank you for reading my post - please leave comments if you enjoyed it or have some questions! Thank you