Mouth watering chocolate dessert!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 16 oz package OREO Cookies
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 16 oz White Melting Chocolate or Dark Melting Chocolate
- Optional melting dark chocolate (as topping)
Step 2: Prepare Step 1:
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor or a plastic bag by using you hands.
Step 3: Step 2:
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and blend into the cookie crumbs until you achieve a blob of dough
- Mix together crushed cookies and cream cheese until well blended.
Chill the dough for at least an hour.
Step 4: Step 3:
Pull the dough out of the fridge, and divide into bite size balls.(I used a small cookie scoop, it worked great! But you can just eyeball it.)
- Roll mixture into 1″ balls until they are nice and smooth.
Set them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Chill once again, at least an hour.
Step 5: Step 4:
- Right before you remove the chilled treats from the fridge, melt white chocolate or dark chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds and then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip the prepared balls into the melted chocolate and then place back on to prepared baking sheet. (If dipping each ball is too hard or time consuming for you, you can just carefully pour the chocolate over the balls. I happen to think the shape that they come out in when they are dipped is nicer. We used a fork and it seemed to work pretty well.)
- Dip each frozen ball in the chocolate and then return to wax paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow chocolate to set.