Hey guys here is the step by step video to make these Oreo cupcakes :D
Ingredients cup cakes
- 113g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 200g oreo biscuits crushed
Oreo butter cream frosting
- 150g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons of milk
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 200g Oreo cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Hand mixer or stand electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Plastic zip lock bags
- 12 hole standard muffin tray
- 12 large muffin pan casings 'patty pans'
Step 1: Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. line your muffin trays with patty pan liners.
3. In your mixer, on high speed cream your butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add your egg, vanilla and almond essence and mix on high until combined.
5. In a large bowl add your flour and using a whisk stir through it and get rid of any lumps (avoids having to sieve the flour)
6. Alternatively add your milk and flour to the butter mixture, mixing well until combined after each addition
7. Add your crushed Oreo cookies and stir.
8. Then with 1/4 cup measurements place even amounts into the muffin pans.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until springy to the touch.
10. Make your buttercream frosting.
Step 2: Buttercream Frosting
1. In your electric mixer beat your butter until light and fluffy.
2. Alternatively add one cup of icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk mixing after each addition until you have used all ingredients.
3. Add vanilla and crushed Oreos to the buttercream frosting and mix through.
4. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before adding the frosting.
5. Decorate the cupcakes as you desire.