I get so many comments about this when I pull it out in the store, thought I should share this very simple way to avoid all those loyalty cards on your key holder.
Six is the ideal number for this, I suppose you could do more but that would mean the finished project would be pretty thick, you may have difficulty placing in the credit card slot in your wallet.
Step 1: What You Will Need
Up to 6 key chain loyalty cards.
1. Packing tape, the heavier it is, the sturdier it will be and the longer it will last.
2. Either an xacto knife or a pair of scissors for trimming the tape.
Step 2: Line Up
3. Line up the cards, alternating so that every other one has the barcode side up, makes for easier scanning at the cashier. Cut the tape so it's about an inch or more longer than your lined up cards.
4. Place your cards on the tape, being careful to leave about an 1/8th of an inch gap in the center, see photo 5. Trim the excess tape off either end. Cut another piece of tape, leaving about an inch extra and place carefully on top of cards, getting all the air bubbles out.
Step 3: Finishing and Folding
6. Trim tape so there is about a 1/4 inch left on either end and fold over to the other side to prevent the tape from peeling away.
7. Fold the card line up in half, if it seems stiff and bounces back flat then the space was too small in the center. It's easy to re-do if that happens.
8. and 9. Place in wallet like a credit card. Done.
Participated in the