In this Instructable, I will be showing you how to make one of the simplest origami cubes - the Jackson cube. It It super-easy to make and looks great because it is a sold color on each side. This model was invented by Paul Jackson.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
You will need:
- 6 sheets of square paper (origami paper works just as well as printer paper or notebook paper)
Step 2: Making the Pieces
Here is how you make each piece:
1) Fold the paper in half both ways, only creasing on the very edge.
2) Fold the edges of the paper onto one of the creases you made.
3) Fold the top and bottom of the piece into the other crease you made.
4) Repeat with all the pages until you have 6 pieces.
Step 3: Assemble
Put one model down and place two models inside it (see pics). Put another two models opposite each other into the main piece. Then, place your final model on top (pictures really help).
Step 4: Done!
Now you have a cool box. That was easy, huh?