Makeover any thrift store chair with this easy outdoor chair makeover!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
1/4" plywood Sander
2" wide masking tape
Hammer & nails
Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Carbon, Everlasting, Reminisce & Victorian
Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish and Golden Brown Crème Wax
Step 3: Here's How
1. & 2. Press butcher paper around the seat to make a pattern and then cut on the creases
3. & 4. Trace the pattern on 1/4" thick plywood, cut out and sand
5. Paint the plywood in Everlasting (white)
6. Starting in the exact center, create stripes with masking tape
7. Paint over the edges of the masking tape with more Everlasting *this technique insures that your stripes are PERFECT
8. Slowly remover the masking tape when the paint is almost dry
9. Paint the chairs (I chose Reminisce and Victorian)
10. Nail the seat to the chairs
11. Seal everything with Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish
12. Paint on and wipe off the Golden Brown Crème was to give an aged and distressed look and then seal with a bit more varnish to help protect from the elements