These cookies are not your ordinary cookies. These beauties are ouzo and orange Greek cookies. Soft yet slightly crunchy,fruity with a kick of ouzo!
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups ( approx. 4 oz/400 grams) gluten free flour for baking
- 1/2 cup sugar ( approx. 3/5 oz/100 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup ouzo
- zest of an orange
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- almond flakes for topping
Step 2: DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat your oven at 350 F (180 C). Place parchment paper in a sheet tray.
- In a big bowl,add the vegetable oil,olive oil,sugar,orange juice,ouzo and zest,vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixed with baking powder. The cookie dough should me soft and moist.
- Take tablespoon of the dough and make an oblong or round shape. Place it in the sheet tray and top it with the almond flakes. Repeat to the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly golden brown.
*Note: If you are not a big fan of olive oil, you can either add only 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 cup of sunflower oil,or corn oil or substitute olive oil with 1 1/2 cup of sunflower oil.
Participated in the
Baking Contest 2016