Introduction: Oven Roasted Artichokes With Homemade Garlic Dip
Step 1: Watch the Video for This Recipe:
Step 2: Ingredients:
Medium Artichokes (1/2 to 1 per person)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the dip:
2 Cloves Garlic
2 Heaped Teaspoons sour cream (or more)
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
Salt to taste
A squeeze of lemon juice
Step 3: Directions:
1. Wash the artichokes.
2. Cut the stem off, leaving about 1 cm. Cut the top off and cut in half – lengthwise. Squeeze over some lemon juice. This will prevent the cut artichokes from turning brown while you are prepping the rest of them (You don’t have to do it. They will come brown out the oven anyway).
3. Place the artichoke halves on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Now drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and squeeze some more lemon juice over (do this on both sides).
4. Turn all of them the cut side down and place in a preheated oven. Bake at 200⁰C/400⁰F for 30 minutes or until leaves come out easily when pulled. If you grab a leaf and it doesn’t come out easily, bake them for a bit longer.
5. While the artichokes are in the oven, get the dip ready:
6. Mix the sour cream, ketchup, salt, crushed garlic and lemon juice together and you are done.
Step 4: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube