Introduction: Over Sink Pot/Utilities Hanging Shelf
Having somewhere to hang pots and pans and newly washed utilities over your sink has been a helpful addition to my kitchen.
Benefits of this design are
* Allows you to not worry too much about the water drops that would otherwise wet the counter.
* Allows to dry faster which minimizes fungal and bacteria growth.
* Easy access to most commonly used utensils.
* Expandable with more hooks
* Customizable because you can move the hooks to wherever you like
I do not have step-by steps as i used scraps i had around but the images should give you a good idea of what Ive done.
To make this i used the existing top cupboards on either size of the sink, fixed down a timber beam across to support the weight and then put some steel mesh over the top of that. The hanging hooks can be bought and longer hooks can be made from old cloths hangers.
If you enjoyed this please vote for me as i have entered this into the SHELVING CONTEST.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the