POP lamp provides a soft glow that blankets your space just enough for you to function without causing a harsh glare .
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
List of materials :
- Stainless steel pipe (10 mm diameter)
- Two bottles(2 liter and 1 liter)
- Plaster of paris
Step 2: Process of Casting
- Drill holes on the cap of both the bottles according to the diameter of the stainless steel pipe such that it fits tightly in the cap.
- Cutout the bottom part of the big bottle.
- Then arrange the small bottle inside big bottle connecting both the bottles with the stainless steel pipe.
- With the help of nails fix the inner bottle in the center of the bigger bottle.
- Fix it in an upside down position and give proper support to it because it can may topple while pouring plaster of paris.
- Pour plaster of paris in the mould for casting and let it dry for a day.
Step 3: Carve Your Design.
- Cut the outter bottle and remaining part of the inner bottle with the help of a paper cutter.
- Carve it with the hexa blade or some carving tool to carve your own design
- You can even use drill machine to drill holes on the lamp and make patterns of your choice.
- Pass the electric wire through the stainless steel pipe of the lamp and fix a bulb with it.
Step 4: Ready to Install!
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure