**PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT isoplanet.com for more fantastic tutorials and downloades for all consoles***
Sony’s PSP is a fine piece of hardware but, it has only scratched the surface of what the device can do. Hackers have opened up the PSP’s capabilities, allowing it to do far more than Sony ever envisioned.............
Step 1: The Basics
What is PSP “hacking”?
This "hacking" is nothing but removing sony's lame and idioyic firmware and putting "custom" firmware which is much much more powerful
What will I need for hacking my PSP?
You’ll need the following:
A PSP, either original (”fat”) or updated (”Slim”some slims are not fully hackable there are some ways. but most 2000's work but be sure). If you’re unsure which yours is, you have a “fat” if your UMD drive has an “eject” slider that snaps the drive open. You have a “slim” if you have a notch where you pry the UMD door open with your thumbnail (no mechanical door opener).
A spare memory card (512MB is fine)
A Pandora battery
A Magic Memory Stick
Step 2: Pandora Battery
What is a Pandora battery?
A Pandora battery is a PSP battery that has been modified to force a PSP to enter “service mode” when turned on with the modified battery. Putting the PSP into “service mode” allows software to circumvent the PSP’s security measures, and re-write the PSP’s firmware.
1)Take your battery and open it using a knife or exacto knife
2)look on the main board for the display "ICO4" or "CO4" (depending on your battery)
3) Remove pin #5
here is a picture so you get the idea. You can find pin #5 easily when the ICO4 or CO4
__ (pin 4) __ (pin 8)
__ (pin 3) __ (pin 7)
__ (pin 2) __ (pin 6)
__ (pin 1) __ (pin 5)
4) Close it up, wrap it with tape
Step 3: The "Magic Memory Stick"
1) Download the PSP Grader v8 here:
2) Run the .exe file in the .zip file (you may need to extract the file)
3) Download the 5.00 Official Firmware from here:
4) Once the download has finished extract the file.
5) On PSP Grader click Load Official eBoot
6) Navigate to the folder where the Official Firmware you downloaded is in and select the eBoot
7) Connect your PSP to the computer and enter USB mode from the XMB
8) Check the Format Memory Stick Option
9) Now click Create Pandora Stick.
Step 4: Lets Begin and Finish
** you should see something like this but 5.00 cfw**
Now that you have your Pandora battery and Magic Memory stick.
1) Insert your Magic Memory stick
2) Now hold down the R button and insert your Pandora battery
3) Then your psp should start up with a few options.
4) Now find the option that installs 5.00 cfw and push x.
5) Wait for it to finish
Once finish you can format the Memory Stick
now if you want to update to gen heres the instructable.
Step 5: Now What????
Now that you have your psp with cfw. You have the amazing power sony has holded back
such as games(iso's,cso's).Then we got snes, n64,gameboy, emulators. Then we got homebrew applications like Ultimate Psptube and homebrew games.
but where can you find all this in a easy to navigate website?????
Bring the most out your psp