Pumpkin Yogurt Smoothie
If your smoothie looks a little too thick, as it can depend upon the quality of the nondairy yogurt and pumpkin purée, simply add a little more nondairy milk until it reaches a thinner consistency. This makes an excellent and nutritious quick breakfast for mornings when you aren’t feeling too ravenous, or when you’re simply in too much of a hurry to take the time to sit down.
- 2 cups (470 ml) vanilla soy or other nondairy milk
- 1¼ cups (290 g) vanilla soy or other nondairy yogurt
- ½ cup (122 g) pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup (42 to 84 g) agave nectar, to taste
- ½ teaspoon rum extract or 1 tablespoon (15 ml) spiced rum
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all the ingredients in a large-size bowl, whisking vigorously until blended.
- Enjoy chilled.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.