Introduction: Paleo Goddess Almond Joy Bites
Paleo Almond Joy Bites
* 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
* 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
* 1 tablespoon of raw honey
* 1 tablespoon of water
* 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* Pinch of fine sea salt
* 1 full bar of Trader Joe's Organic 73% Cacao Super Dark Chocolate with Almonds, or substitute with 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate chips mixed with 1T of crushed almonds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, water, vanilla and salt, and mix well. Allow the mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes, so that the dried coconut will absorb some of the moisture.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, drop the coconut mixture onto a plate lined with parchment paper, creating bite-sized mounds.
- Place the plate in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, to allow the coconut mounds to firm up. They should become pretty solid, thanks to the coconut oil!
- While the coconut filling is setting in the freezer, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave until fully melted (be careful not to burn it!) or melt in a double boiler on the stove.
- Using a spoon, coat each coconut mound with a dollop of melted chocolate, spreading the coating around evenly!
*Serve slightly chilled for best texture, and enjoy!