PLEASE NOTE: I forgot to say cook beef before adding to baked sweet potatoes. But... you already knew that, right lol? ?
So just so we are clear, mix together, cook, then place on sweet potatoes.
In hindsight, I should have titled this dish Sloppy Trader Joes since all the ingredients in this video are from there. I mean, it seems like a much more fitting name, but oh well, regardless-enjoy!
PALEO SLOPPY JOES ??????????
4 pre-baked sweet potatoes or yams
1 1/2 lbs of grass-fed ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped small
1/2 organic green pepper, chopped small
1/2 organic red pepper, chopped small
1 clove of garlic, minced1 tbs of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
2 1/2 T raw honey
(1) 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used the Trader Joe's canned organic diced tomatoes with green chilies)
(1) 6 oz can of organic tomato paste
1/2 tablespoon sea salt, add more to taste if needed. ?????????
* Sauté the onions, garlic together in a skillet until onions are tender
* Add and brown the ground beef in the same skillet
* Next add the spices, honey, and bell peppers to the skillet
* Pour in the can of diced tomatoes with liquids and the tomato paste
* Simmer all together on low for about 15 minutes
* Finish with salt and pepper to taste
* Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out a portion to form a little bowl and fill with sloppy joe mixture -or- slice up each sweet potato into wedges and pour sloppy joe mixture over
Serve hot on a baked sweet potato for a grain free alternative, and enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
20-Minute Meals Challenge