Tandoori Chicken is one of the famous Indian appetizer and a snack. In this Instructable, I would like to show an easy and simple method of preparing Paleo tandoori chicken using fresh spices and coconut milk with a coconut cream dip.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Chicken drumsticks - 6 (Preferred skinless)
2) Coconut Milk - 5 Tbsp (Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight)
3) Crushed Ginger and Garlic - (from 1" ginger and 2 pods garlic )
4) Paprika - 1 1\2 Tsp
5) Ground Cumin - 1 Tsp
6) Ground Coriander - 1 Tsp
7) Garam Masala powder - 1/2 Tsp
8) Salt as per taste
9) Lemon Juice - 1 Tbsp
Coconut Cream Dip
1) Coconut cream - 1/4 Cup
2) Lemon Juice - 1/2 Tsp
3) Salt as per taste
Step 2: Marinate Chicken - Part 1
1) Wash and pat dry the chicken drumsticks with the kitchen towel.
2) Make small slits on the chicken drumsticks using a knife.(Not very deep)
3) Mix the Lemon juice with 1/2 tsp paprika and salt.
4) Apply the above mixture all over the chicken and inside the slits.
5) Allow it to rest for 5 - 10 min
Step 3: Marinate Chicken - Part 2
1) In a bowl, add the coconut cream , crushed ginger garlic, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, salt and mix it well.
2) Marinate the chicken in the above coconut cream mixture.
4) Cover the marinated chicken and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for an hour (minimum).
Step 4: Cooking the Chicken
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F
2) Place the chicken drumsticks on the griddle giving enough space between each of them.
3) Cook it at 350 F for about 55 - 60 min, flipping it over half way through.(so that cooks on both sides)
4) when the chicken is done almost, brush the chicken drumsticks with lemon juice on both sides.
Note: Cooking time depends on the size and weight of the chicken pieces used. Using a skewer, poke the chicken to check if it is cooked.
5) After switching off the oven allow it rest for some more time (10 - 15 min) before serving.
Step 5: Coconut Cream Dip
Mix the coconut cream along with lemon juice and salt.
Step 6: Serve the Tandoori Chicken
1) Remove the chicken drumsticks from the oven and wrap the bottom with a foil strip (For easy handling)
2) Serve the Chicken with the coconut cream dip.
Runner Up in the
Paleo Recipe Challenge
Participated in the
Participated in the