This side table is built like a tank and is designed to be outside. Its made by layering and twisting pallet wood. A section of the center has been routed out to accommodate a cooler in the center. To add a bit of whimsy a flock of origami birds are stenciled on the top.
Dimensions: Each layer was 16" x 16". The total height with the top was a little over 20 inches.
Quick Build Notes:
- Each layer was twisted 3/4 of an inch and glued and screwed in place
- Build up a couple of layers then start with the hole for the cooler
- Give yourself some space for the cooler. Cut the hole so its 1/2" bigger than the diameter of the cooler
- For the last cooler layer
- make it the same diameter as the cooler
- cut inside the scribed circle
- file to the circle mark until the cooler just fits in there
Now when you run out of a drink you don't have to get up as often. Another bonus is this thing is so heavy its not going anywhere :) (unintended bonus feature)
Participated in the