Paneer Moong Dal Dosa
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients for the batter
- 2 cups whole green Green Grams (Moong dal)
- 1/2 cup of whole while Black Gram (Urad dal)
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 4 green chilies (less if you want it less spicy)
- 1/2 cup Corriender leaves or parsley
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of Asafetida..
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for the Filling
- Grated Paneer / cottage chees 250 gm (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- chat masala for seasoning(Indian Spice)
- Soak the Green Gram and Black Gram together for at least 6 hours/overnight
- Grind both along with green chilies, Coriander leaves or parsley, fennel seeds, cumin seeds,Asafetida,Salt and ginger into a smooth batter adding just enough water to grind. The consistency of the batter should be that of a pancake (do not add to much water)
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling mixture.Keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan and pour a ladle full of batter in circular fashion from center going outwards making a diameter approximately 6 inch.
- Drizzle oil/butter around the spread batter. Allow the dosa to cook at medium heat. You will notice brown spots appearing inside and around the sides. Let it get crisp and then flip and cook for a about a minute.
- Fill about scoup spoon of paneer/cottage chees filling along center diameter of dosa and fold it length wise tightly.
- Cut the roll diagonally into 2 or three pieces and sprinkle more chaat masala.
- Serve Paneer moong dal dosa along with mint coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Note:The filling can be altered according to taste. Cutting dosa into pieces to makes it easy for serve and also to eat.