Paneer tikka is marinated paneer cubes and veggie pieces are grilled in tandoor (clay oven). So basically this is called tandoori paneer tikka. But at home we do not have tandoor, so we will be making it without tanddor and you will not have to compromise the taste and texture. You can grill or barbeque the tikkas or you can use grill pan. But I have made in the oven.
- Prep Time : 20 mins
- Cook Time : 15 mins
- Servings : 4 Person
- Level of difficulty : Intermediate
- Learnings : Roasting
- Paneer (12 cubes)
- Curd (300 gms)
- Onion diced
- Tomato Diced
- Olive oil/ghee 1 tablespoon
- Assorted spices
- OTG/halogen heater/Griller
To Be Mixed Into A Marinade
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3/4 cup fresh curds (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch) powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf) powder
- 1/3 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Marination
1. Take thick or hung curd in a bowl. Add all the spice powders (kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, garam masala, aamchur powder, fennel powder, black pepper powder and kasuri methi) along with salt. Mix it well. Add small amount of ginger paste and garlic paste. Our marinade is ready
2. Combine the paneer and marinade in a bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for atleast ½ hour. Adjust the time more or less to your schedule. But the longer they marinate, they tend to be more flavorful.Cut the onion and capsicum in cubed shape.
Step 2: Oven Setup
1. Preheat the oven at around 200 degree Celsius for 5 mins.
2. On a satay stick ,arrange pieces of paneer arranged between onion and capsicum. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3-4 more stays.
Step 3: Grilling the Paneer
5. Keep rotating the sticks so as to cook evenly from all sides. Cook till the paneer is light brown in colour from all sides. Do not over cook paneer otherwise it will get tough and rubbery.
Serve immediately sprinkled with chaat masala and onions.