I have very fond memories of my "Grampa D" from when I was little. He taught me how to make the World's Best Paper Airplane and today I can share it with you. This paper airplane design has been enjoyed and played with for 3 generations. The front is blunt so it can take a crash and keep going. It is simple, unique, and glides pretty well. (Usually better than in the video) All you need is a regular size sheet of paper, I used printer paper, and scissors.
You have the choice to watch the instructional video, read the step-by-step instructions, and/or view the step-by-step pictures.
Step 1: Make a Square and Cut
- Fold one corner down along the other edge so you have a 90 degree angle
- Then fold the bottom part up and crease it.
- Unfold them all and cut off the rectangle on the bottom along the crease you made so now you have a square and a rectangle.
Step 2: Fold the Square Into a Triangle
- Your square should have a crease from one corner to the opposite. Now fold one creased corner to the other and open it back up.
- You now have an "X" crease in your paper. Flip it over and fold one side to the opposite side and open it back up.
- You should now be able to make the triangle like in the picture.
Step 3: Fold the Flaps Up
- Your triangle has flaps on the sides. Take the top flap on each side and fold it up to the point.
- Then with the same flaps, fold the lower edge along the center of the larger triangle.
Step 4: Make the Tail
- Take the long rectangle you cut off and fold it lengthwise.
- Look in the picture to see the line you are to cut. This makes the tail flaps.
- Open it and fold the other end to a point. It should look like an arrow.
- Then insert the tail in the triangle all the way to the end and keep it centered.
Step 5: Finish the Front
- Now making sure the tail is centered, cut from the front point of the plane down to the flap. (it's about an inch and a half)
- The top smaller flaps can be opened to make pockets that the part you just cut can slid into.
- Insert both tips into the pockets by folding them over.
- Fold down the tail flaps to make tail wings
- Now gently fold the whole plane in half
Step 6: Let It Fly
- You hold it by pinching it near the front and giving it a toss.
Step 7: Other Info
Check out my YouTube Chanel for fun Geeky videos.
You can leave comments below and show us your tweaks to the design. Thanks.
Aariv made it!