The goal of this instructable is to teach one how to make a more challenging paper air plane. Our mission is to give something fun to create in order to promote creativity. After completing the instructable, one should have a functional paper air plane that flies straight.
- Computer Paper
- Clear Tape
- Colored Pencils/ Markers
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Take your blank sheet of paper and fold it horizontally. Then open it back up.
- Put the paper on the table with the short side in front of you towards you and then fold the top corners towards the middle.
- Then Flip in over so the folded side is down.
- Take the corner marked 1. And fold it towards the X in the middle. And then repeat it on the other side with the corner marked 2.
- Then fold the top point and fold it straight down the middle to the bottom.
- You take the part you just folded and you fold it back up at the red line so the pointed end is sticking upwards now but you will have a kink in the middle.
- You take the E and F flaps underneath the folded pieces that are diagonal and move it outwards toward the right and left sides of the plane to make it horizontal. Your plane should now look like a trapezoid with a pointed fold at the end of this step.
- Now flip it back over to side one.
- Fold the plane in half again taking the G corner and matching it to the H corner.
- Fold along the dotted line and make sure that the sides closest to the point are aligned.
- Then fold the flaps back up so your plane has wings and looks like a real plane.
- Then take the back corner labeled I and fold it up so that it looks like a fin at the back of the plane.
- Add a small piece of tape in the middle where the two sides of the plane join to eliminate the gap.
- Test you airplane by holding it by the body with the point facing away from you and throw it straight ahead.
- Your plane should fly in a straight line from one wall to the other.
- You will run this test 3 times and use a new piece of paper each time.
- On your 3rd time once you are done making the airplane you can decorate it however you would like.