It is Diwali time in India, festival of lights. I make a lamp every year to celebrate Diwali and decorate my house.
This year I choose to go with a traditional design with one deviation. The paper lines are tilted instead of straight.
This lamp can be made by kids with adult supervision..
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Material
- Paper cutter
- 100 GSM A4 size paper
- Steel Scale
- LED lights
Step 2: Design
- Set A4 Sheet in landscape mode
- Mark 30 mm border at top and bottom
- Leave 50 mm from
- Top Top Left side
- Botton Right side
This is for the main lamp, I will explain two other parts needed, in next steps
Step 3: Main Lamp
- Trace the design as per previous steps
- Using paper cutter, make the cuts as shown
- If you cutter does not cut in one go, drags over paper and makes small unwanted holes/gaps, replace the blade and then continue
- Once the cuts are made, fold the lamp into shape as shown to make a cylinder
Step 4: Support
- To support the lamp and host led lights, we need another a4 sheet
- Place it inside the Main lamp
- Adjust the height and maximize diameter for the support cylinder
- Cut the excess paper and glue it in place and not before
Step 5: Tail
- Take another A4 sheet, mark top border as 30 mm
- and mark straight lines separated by 5mm each
- Using paper cutter, cut these line as shown
- Glue this tail around the lamp as shown
Step 6: Finishing
- Add LED lights inside the lamp
- Add paper hook
- Hang it from ceiling and Light it up
Thanks for reading, please share suggestions or different design I could try...