Introduction: Cardboard Musical Box
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Build You Box
This part is very flexible. Whatever how your box looks like. If the paper is visible and vertically movable you are good.
- a cardboard for the box
- an empty jar of peanut butter for the rotative cylinder
- a little wood stick for the axis of the cylinder
- an ice cream stick to manually rotate the cylinder
- a piece of paper to write the notes on
- toilet paper
Step 2: Download My Application
You need a mac OSX 10.6+ and a webcam.
- Download the application here, unzip it, run it.
- Position your musical box in front of your computer, the opened side in front of the webcam.
- Drag the 2 circles on the right and left borders of your music sheet.
- play the musical box - keep its base still or the notes will be wrong.
send midi: if activated, the app won't play any note but will send midi with the source name "MusicalBox". Use a virtual instrument to get the midi notes and play them.
octave: translate notes to an octave
instrument: select an instrument sound
scale: select a scale (minor, major, etc.)
Step 3: Play It!
And share your suggestions.
Participated in the